Dublin City Council (formerly Dublin Corporation) is the local authority that is responsible for Local Government in Dublin. It employs approximately 6,200 people and provides an estimated 500 services for people living and working in the City. It also provides a number of services on an agency basis for the neighboring authorities.
Dublin City Council had a requirement for a software solution to manage roadwork applications. The key objectives of the system where :
- Ensure that outstanding works have been completed before new applications can be processed.
- Provide full traceability from original ‘T1’ application form to closure.
- Validate applications where possible.
- Provide management reports.
- Reduce duplication within the system.
- The extranet solution provides secure
login for utility and corporation personnel. Reference and roadworks information is maintained and managed more efficiently. The system also provides realtime management reports.
- Windows NT Server running Internet Information Server (IIS)
- MS SQL Server (Client Server Database)